Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Funny things degrees

Psychology is a funny thing!

Why? Just think about it what do you know about Psychology weather you're a student, graduate, someone who has heard of it somewhere or just interested in the subject.

Ask yourself what do you realy know about it?

For me, my experience of studying it and my knowledge after, to be honest hasnt really changed... I am still confused!

OK where am I headed with this... to be honest I have been struggling with where I am headed and how am I to get there... Psychology as a degree is a funny thing, you cant really get far with it.

As with many degrees the current climate for graduates dont look so promising, even if you have a first class degree (which by the way I dont have). Things will still be hard....or do they have to be?

Psychology, does it have a place in the world when ts just as degree level?... JUST at undergraduate degree level? It doesnt sound like much to me now, now after around 4 years after graduation, I look back and think how far have I really come with my degree. Can I really look myself in the mirror, can I really look at my CV and say, "yes doing that degree was worth it"?

In fact can YOU?

Can you justify those 3 or 4 years at university all that money spent, and say... "Yes those years were worth it"...

If you can or if you cant... tell me how you have come to where you are...
How succesful are you... do you think?
How has it changed you?

More importantly as I think about mine...what is your next step?

1 comment:

Vica's Gallery said...

Hi, assalamualaykum...
that was a great article. I'm a student of psychological magister, and that makes me think on it..
one question, if i may ask, how to "use" our knowledge on the right path?. thanks for sharing the article, hope that many people will think on it too...