Sunday, November 12, 2006

Coming Soon

Assalamu alaykum

I've been working on some articles, well I have been gathering a lot of thoughts!

Inshallah I am planing to do an article specifically on the psychology of depression and the Islamic prespective, its cures and prevention. I would really appriciate it if anyone has any stories, question, problems or anything you can contribute to the article, can you please contact me or e-mail me with your contribution, you will remain anonymous so no need to get shy! Your information, what ever you care to share, will remain confidential and anything you do wish to share I will try my upmost to shine some light on the matter.

Jazak allah khair

wassalam

2 comments:

bintyaqub said...

Assalamu alaykau,

I forgot to mention that I hope to submit it to some non muslims journals as well as some Muslim ones, so any help you can give would be appriciated!

Wassalam

. said...

As salaam alaikum Bintyakub,

how is your article coming along? I am sorry that I don't have any depressing stories for your article, but then again Alhamdulillah!

There is something however, that I do can share with you. There are 2 things that usually help me through difficult times.

The first one is Allah's Word that He wont burden anyone above his/her capacity. For me this means that whatever I am going through, I know I will overcome, because Allah knows that I can - otherwise I wouldn't be burdened with it.

The second one is the sentence 'La hawla wa la quwatta Illah Billah' There is NO power nor might than with Allah. This makes me do dua, and aks Allah (SWT) to grant me a little bit of his Power, to overcome my hurdles.

Perhaps you can use these copingstyles for your article.

Salaam,
Naila